Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Favorite 'Love Story' Movies: #3

Ghost - Starring:  Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore & Whoopi Goldberg

IMDB Link: Ghost 

8Track Love Movie Playlist 

My favorite song from the movie:  Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers

Why I love the movie:  Ghost is simply a timeless classic and always will be.  It speaks to our hope that there is something beyond this life - something beautiful and peaceful.  A place where we will again see those we love who went before us. 

To me, that is the one of the best messages of this movie - that nobody is lost to us forever.  At the end, when Sam says to Molly, "See ya", it is his promise to her that they will be together again someday.  


Death is hardest on those left behind to miss us.  Sometimes, it is only the hope of Heaven, a place of eternal love, that gets them through the worst of the loss.

Just like a much darker movie, The Crow, this film speaks of coming back to seek justice, right the wrongs, and protect those we love.  It makes us think about guardian angels, our loved ones still watching over us and, I think, finding a profound happiness in our lives and how they touched them while they were alive.

The other thing about Ghost that I love - you just have to have faith and believe.  During times of the worst pain, physical or emotional, times of sadness and despair, the hardest thing to do can sometimes be to jump into belief of things we cannot see or touch.  But that belief is often the only thing that saves us.  God is real, he is a loving God and he will take our hand if we reach out for his.


My favorite quote from the movie:  "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you. See ya."

"I've had more lifetimes than any 10 people put together, and it's been an amazing ride...So this (dying) is O.K." - Patrick Swayze - R.I.P.


1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of my all time favorites!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete