Thursday, May 29, 2014
It's been too long since I've posted here and while there are reasons (which I'm going to list), it doesn't really excuse the lack of blogging because I -could- always find just five minutes in a day to say something meaningful. Or, even if I just post a 'meme' that is funny or inspirational, something that I saw and liked and maybe gave me a boost when I needed it.
With all of that said, here are the reasons, and what has been going on with me:
1. I've been in the flare from hell. Not just a physical flare either. It's been this devastating exhaustion that makes me sleep within seconds, every time I sit down.
2. A lot going on with family - baby shower, birthday party, graduation parties. And while I truly enjoy a good party with those I love, we all know the price people with Fibromyalgia pay to attend them or even to be a part of hosting the event.
3. I sleep in late simply because every bit of sleep I can get is a -good- thing. Thus, it feels like the days go by so quickly and they're over without my having sat here and written a word.
4. It seems like I'm always doing something, big or small, for someone else and it ends up eating more time than I thought it would.
5. Now and then, I get into this mind frame that none of the words matter. That talking about it, writing about it, even thinking about it, doesn't change anything. Sick is sick and this cannot be cured.
I get mired down in the belief that I've said everything there is to say about Fibromyalgia, the concurrent illnesses, and how it makes me feel not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I know I'm working through those feelings and I'll come back to write again.