Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Favorite 'Love Story' Movies: #11

Someone Like You - Starring: Hugh Jackman, Greg Kinnear & Ashley Judd

IMDB Link: Someone Like You

8Track Love Song Playlist

My favorite song from the movie:  Dreamsome by Shelby Lynne

Why I love the movie: Sometimes, we're so focused on who we think or want to be 'The One' that we're blind to just how wrong for us they are.  The right one can be there in front of us, or better put - beside us - as they listen, make us laugh, hold our hand, help us to be better people and be our friend.  Someone Like You shows that truth in hysterically funny, charming and poignant scenes.

I never cried while watching this movie which is unusual for me - chick flicks can pull tears from me like no other.  But I did laugh and smile those sappy smiles while I sighed and cheered and felt that there is hope for true love to be found in the most unexpected people.

My favorite scene in the movie is when Jane and Eddie finally have the confrontation over Jane's misandy beliefs after a painful breakup with Ray.  Realizing that Jane is simply heartbroken and trying to make sense of it all, Eddie sits on the end of the bed, takes her in his arms and tells her, "I know it hurts. I know. Maybe that's why we hold on as hard as we do.. we just can't believe that such a miracle can ever happen to us twice.  Someday you'll find it again." 

My favorite quote from the movie:  "There are few things sadder in this life than watching someone walk away after they've left you, watching the distance between your bodies expand until there's nothing... but empty space and silence."


No comments:

Post a Comment