Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Favorite 'Love Story' Movies: #2

The Notebook - Starring:  James Garner, Gena Rowlands, Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams


IMDB Link: The Notebook 

8Tracks Love Music Playlist 

My favorite song from the movie:  I'll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday

Why I love the movie:  This film is the very essence of love - it's fire and madness at times, it's sorrow and longing and it's a truth in our soul when we meet the mate to it.  We know when we find that person and we know that there can be only one in the whole of our lifetime.  


It shows that love is not perfect, not even close to it.  That love can be made stronger simply by those imperfections and working through them.  And sometimes, what we love most are those imperfections in the other person.

Destiny plays the pivotal role in Noah and Allie's story.  These two are meant to be and in the end, nothing can stand in the way of that happening.  Their passion is so consuming and poignant that it by turns makes you want to be kissed so hard your lips bruise and the next moment, held close and rocked as you cry over their love story.

I couldn't narrow it down to just one favorite quote from The Notebook because there is so much beautiful writing in the film.  Thus, I've decided to include a few of them and each of them speaks to my heart:

Noah: "I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."

Young Noah: "My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah"

Noah:  "She had come back into his life like a sudden flame; blazing and streaming into his heart. Noah stayed up all night contemplating the certain agony he knew would be his if he were to lose her twice." 

-----
Allie: Do you think our love can make miracles?

Noah: I do.

Allie: Do you think our love can take us away together?

Noah: I think our love can do anything we want it to.

Allie: I love you.

Noah: I love you, Allie.

Allie: Good night.

Noah: Good night. I'll be seeing you.
-----
 

No comments:

Post a Comment