Friday, October 4, 2013

My Favorite 'Love Story' Movies: #8

Beauty & The Beast - Disney Animated Classic Film

IMDB Link: Beauty & The Beast

8Track Love Movie Playlist

My favorite song from the movie:  Beauty & The Beast by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson

Why I love the movie:  Well, first of all, who doesn't like Disney movies?  We all have our favorite - which one is yours?  Take a moment to think about it and smile as scenes pop into your head and you hum a song from the movie. My favorite is Cinderella, for a couple of reasons.  It was the first (and only) movie my mom ever took me to see in a theater.  And, later on in my childhood, I very much felt like Cinderella and waited for my prince and a better life. 

But, back to Beauty & The Beast - I love the moral of the film.  To find love in someone no matter what they look like.  To base that feeling on who they are as a person (or beast, lol) because it really is the soul and mind that create true beauty in people.  Each and every person has a soulmate in this world.  I believe that with all of my heart.  We have to find ours or hope that the path in life that we walk takes us to them.  But if you've got some set idea in your head of what they should look like, you just may not see them as they pass you by. 

This movie really is about not judging others because that's what gets Beast in trouble, in the first place.  It's a good lesson to learn - giving people a chance and sometimes many chances to show us who they really are.

My favorite quote from the movie:  "It's a pity and a sin / she doesn't quite fit in / 'cause she really is a funny girl / a beauty but a funny girl / she really is a funny girl... that Belle."


No comments:

Post a Comment