Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Favorite 'Love Story' Movies: #5

Practical Magic - Starring:  Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Aidan Quinn, Stockard Channing, Dianne Wiest

IMDB Link: Practical Magic

8Track Love Movie Playlist

My favorite song from the movie (and also one of my daughter's favorite songs of all time):  Crystal by Stevie Nicks

Why I love the movie:  I believe that not only is love magical, so are people.  We all have our special abilities and talents.  Each of us are unique and bring something to life that only we can.  Nobody can speak or laugh as we do, nobody can create beauty in the same way as another. 

Sally casts a spell as a child, hoping to divert love and a broken heart when she grows up.  The spell in turn brings her the one man who is her soul mate.  Some things are destiny and magic always plays a part in the turn of fate's hand. 

The relationship between the sisters, Sally and Jillian, and with their aunts is another reason I love the film.  This movie is very much about the strength of women, our power over adversity, the ability to keep standing up and moving forward and our need for one another in the best and worst times. 

This, to me, is magical - that we're tiny specks of light in a vast universe and yet beyond all understanding, each of us are meant to be here for just a little while to make a difference, to be loved and love in return. 

My favorite quote from the movie:  "I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for."


No comments:

Post a Comment