Friday, January 11, 2013

Fibro-Forgets


I decided to make a list of things that I forget due to the fibro-fog, in my opinion. Feel free to leave a comment mentioning your forgets!

1. I forget to shut off the stove & oven.

2. I forget where I am while driving. My daughter will gently tell me that I have taken a wrong turn. It's a route that I have taken a thousand times before.

3. I walk into Wal-Mart and stand there, probably obstructing the flow of people-traffic as I try to remember what I came in to buy. I know I just needed a couple things but not only can't I remember what they were, I cannot remember where stuff is at in the store.

4. I take a shower, wash my hair and forget to rinse out the cream rinse. I get out of the shower, brush my hair and feel it still in there so have to get back in to rinse it out.

5. I wash my hair in the shower but forget if I did it or not so end up doing it all over again, just to be sure.

6. I put deoderant on after the shower and cannot recall a few minutes later if I did it so I go back to the bathroom and put more on. Better to be safe than stinky.

7. I forget if I brushed my teeth or not. A quick rub of my tongue over teeth answers that question.

8. I make a glass of ice water or sweet tea and almost always leave it sitting on the counter when I walk out of the kitchen.

9. I forget if I paid a bill or not and get rudely reminded that I did -not- when I get a cut off notice in the mail.

10. I take my medications and within ten minutes, have to check the pill container, thinking I didn't take them yet.

11. I forget what day it is all of the time. Because of that, I forget and miss appointments and events.

12. I go to the store and realize in the check out line (usually with a cart full of stuff) that I forgot my purse and have no way of paying for anything.

13. I forget that I am in my pajamas when I head out the door to run an errand because I live in pajamas.

14. I forget what I was saying in the middle of a conversation. I have to stop and think about what I was just talking about, find my train of thought and begin again.

15. I forget words. When I am talking, writing or typing - I forget the simplest words. Example: "The other ... Umm, I can't think of the word for dark outside.." Other person: "Night?" Me: "Yes! The other night.."

No comments:

Post a Comment