Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Should Have Eaten The Eggs


IBS & fibromyalgia are partners in crime that hold my body hostage quite often. However, over time, I have figured out a few things that I cannot eat unless I want to be singing all ten minutes of 'Freebird' over and over from the concert stage of my toilet.

Onions, Tomatoes, Pickles, Eggs, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Lettuce, Spicy Foods, Seeds, Nuts.

Tonight, I made everyone steak and eggs. I really wanted some eggs. Nice, yolky eggs with rye bread toast to go along with my juicy steak. But, I abstained. I made pasta with my steak and I was proud of myself.

Less than an hour later, I was held hostage in the bathroom, cramped up and muttering, "if I leave here tomorrow.."

I hate IBS as much as I hate fibromylagia. These illnesses that have a mind of their own and play tricks on us daily. I have no idea what set the IBS off tonight but I should have eaten the eggs. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment