Monday, February 4, 2013

B & Me.


I've had the same best friend since I was a little girl.  I'll call her - 'B'.  Over the years, I've been lucky enough to add several others to this small but precious group of best friends but 'B' will always be the original. We've grown in different directions as adult women.  I have other friends that I would consider closer.  But there is something special about that one friend who shared your childhood with you.
 
She called me today and we spent over two hours talking - catching up, laughing, offering advice and opinion on issues in one another's lives.  A few times during the conversation, I was reminded in small ways, why we grew in seperate directions.  For little moments, it made me sad.  But I guess part of being forever friends is that you accept it all.   

I feel blessed to have her - there will never be even one thing that I cannot share with her and know she'll love me for it or in spite of it.  We probably won't talk for another six months but when we do again.. it will be like we just hung up the phone from the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment