Monday, December 2, 2013

Master Class Monday



One of the things I enjoy doing is roaming around to other Fibro/Chronic illness blogs to see how people are handling the many issues that come along with being sick.  It makes me feel less alone - like there's a community out there, a family of sorts that knows exactly what I'm going through.

Often times, it amazes me how similar our stories are on every level - physical, emotional, mental, financial.  How our families deal with it, our mates and children, parents and siblings.  The symptoms that sometimes make us feel as if we're losing our minds but then we read those other blogs and realize that we're not, it's just another part of having an illness.

Oprah has a show called 'Oprah's Master Class' and the premise is that she has famous people from all areas - music, acting, writing, political, news, etc. - discuss things they've learned about life simply from living it and from those they surround themselves with.  I find it fascinating and if you would like to watch some clips from those episodes, they're on Youtube.

When I find an especially good blog post, I want to link to it here and point our community towards it in case they havn't yet stumbled upon that blog.  Similar to Oprah's master class, I feel like those who live with chronic illness are the true 'masters' within their knowledge of it.  The day to day experience of living with a disease or multiple, concurrent diseases provides us with a level of understanding that not even physicians can claim.

In a perfect world, I would have the energy and be able to commit to doing a once a week segment - Master Class Monday - where I provide a link to a blog post that I've found to be exceptional in its ability to impart wisdom and a better understanding of chronic illness, no matter what its name is.

We all know how hard it is to keep those commitments though, simply by nature of being sick.  I'm going to do my best so please be patient with me if I miss a Monday here and there.  And feel free to email me at womaninterrupted@gmail.com if you find a blog post that you think should be a Master class!

With all of that said, here is the blog post that inspired this idea:

One of my favorite blogs to read is written by Chronic Mom.  She has a great way with words and I feel like she invites all of us in to really feel and learn from her experiences.  Today's post was especially good though and I want to share it so click here to read it! 

1 comment:

  1. As I posted on Chronic Mom's blog, it was a brilliant post that really hit home. I think it's in our nature, maybe it's what made us vulnerable to getting sick. Toughest thing to do is learn to say "No". Great blog you've got here!

    ReplyDelete