Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Tank Is Not Full


I have come to realize that I won't ever get my life back as I once knew it and lived it. I am the same woman - I'm intelligent and funny, compassionate, loving, a good mama, honest and loyal. This disease cannot take any of that away from me.

That said, how I am allowed to live my life has changed. I get tired more easily now. I'm in pain. I do not get to run around all day, doing anything that comes to mind. I have to plan and make choices. Laundry or dishes? Errands or an evening out for dinner? I cannot do it all, every day.

Fibromyalgia forces us to prioritize our lives. It demands that we decide what and who is important to us. How we spend our time and who we spend it with - because our energy level has very little reserve. Our tank is never full, it's always hovering just over the empty line.

And yeah, that does suck. But, the silver lining is that we begin to realize how precious life is. How valuable time itself is. We learn to make the best of ours. We learn to make every moment count.

No comments:

Post a Comment