Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pink



I really adore Pink.  The singer, the artist - and she is an artist because she writes most, if not all of her own songs.  She is a poet of lyrics.  Beyond her phenomenal voice and her talent in stringing words together to mean something very real, she's a badass.  And I like that in people.  I respect it. 

I'm a badass too and I always have been.  Life taught me lessons from a very young age and I learned them well.  But the thing is, and something I've only recently realized - sometimes, it's okay not to be tough.  We have to be exposed and vulnerable, even fragile at times.  We have to reach out for help.  That's a foreign concept to me - asking for help.

It seems that at 42 years of age, I'm learning many new things.  This belief I had that I knew myself, this life I live, inside and out, no longer holds true.  People change until they die.  Life is fluid and so are we.




No comments:

Post a Comment